Mercedes Electronic Steering Lock Problem W204/W207/W212
Most Mercedes W204 C Class , W207 and W212 E Class can suffer from electronic steering lock problems such as :
- Ignition not turning on
- No display
- Instrument cluster not lighting
- Car does not start
- Steering lock does not release
- Mercedes Electronic Steering Lock Problem W204/W207/W212
- ESL faulty
Some fault codes can be :
- A22449 – The electronic ignition lock has a malfunction. There is an internal
- A25407 – The electric steering lock has a malfunction. There is a mechanical
- A25408 – The electric steering lock malfunction. There is a signal fault or the
message is faulty
- A25409 – The electric steering lock has a malfunction. There is a component
- A25464 – The electric steering lock has a malfunction. There is an implausible
If you notice that you have to insert the key a few times for the steering to unlock , or if you here a clicking noise from the column then this is probably a sign that your electronic steering lock (ESL) is probably going to fail.
If your electronic steering lock completely fails then we can repair/replace this at a fraction of the cost compared to the main dealers.
If the car has to go to the dealers then they need at least 5 days to order the parts and can be very expensive. They will also need to order a special programming key which can take another 3-5 days to arrive.
We have new improved parts in stock and car work on your car same day.
An improved part is used that is more reliable and does not have a mechanical mechanism inside that can fail.
We will be able to extract the data needed to code and program an improved electronic steering lock (ESL) as we have all the latest technology needed for these cars.
In fact most new Mercedes do not have electronic steering locks due to the unreliability of the mechanical locks.
We will need the car here at our workshop , however we may be able to help you if you can send the keys , electronic ignition switch (EIS) and electronic steering lock (ESL).
Why not ask for a spare replacement key ?